The Learning Commons is the place to meet all of your school needs. Whether it be researching online databases to retrieve accurate information for your class project, checking out the latest books, taking an AR test, participating in our Sunshine State Young Readers’ reading contest, playing one of our many board games or just plugging in to charge your device, we are here to assist you.
Learning Commons Information
- The Learning Commons is open from 7:30 in the morning to 3:15 in the afternoon.
- You must have a signed agenda to enter the Learning Commons.
- You must always sign in when you visit the Learning Commons.
- Your backpack should be placed on the blue shelves in the reading area.
- You may check out as many as four books at a time.
- Sunshine State books cannot be put on hold.
- You may only check out 1 Sunshine State book at a time.
LCMA LEARNING COMMONS SOCIAL MEDIA!
The Learning Commons is on Twitter and Pinterest! Check our Tweets to see what’s going on in the Learning Commons! We’ve also pinned new books, funny sayings, and everything related to the Learning Commons on our Pinterest board! Click on the icons below to see the LCMA Learning Commons on the web!
- If you have an overdue book, you may check out one paperback book. If you lose a book, you will have to pay the replacement cost for it.
- Any profanity or inappropriate behavior will result in your being asked to leave the Learning Commons and your KIT card being signed.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks at a time. They can be renewed unless someone else has put the book on hold.
- Books will be treated with respect. Do not dog-ear, tear out pages, lose or destroy the book. You will have to pay for the book.
District Online Resources
Polk County Public Schools’ Library Media Services acknowledges the importance of maintaining access to current resources, building research skills, and developing digital literacy skills. PCPS provides a variety of online resources for all our schools, such as Gale database resources, Accelerated Reader, World Book Web, and more! Visit the link below to see the full list of online resources.